LADYBIRD, LADYBIRD, FLY AWAY HOME....

Monday, October 3, 2011

Again I am back to post....It has been very hectic for the past few months...and the collecting progress has been delayed..Anyway, the observation has been kept going on.. And I am very intrigued with one species of coccinellid as shown in the pictures.. I have already mentioned this species before in the gallery. At first, I did not believe that it was a coccinellid species because they were found wandering on the leaves around the whitefly colonies. However, from my observation, the beetles are still there at the whitefly colonies and sometimes i saw them residing in the whiteflies' patches. So, I believe that this would be regarded as a 'coccinellid'. Then again, need to be ID under microscope .. but right now, I will regard this as a 'coccinellid' species until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes

Cheeky Ladybirds....