LADYBIRD, LADYBIRD, FLY AWAY HOME....

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Place to find Coccinella transversalis easily...

Yesterday, I went for C.tranversalis hunting in my hometown, Teluk Intan, Perak. I did the collecting in the evening between 6-7pm. After I collected them, I realeased them back because my aim was to record the numbers. I started around the Eastern Garden neighbourhood searching for C.transversalis. The only place I targeted was on the Rumput Sambau or Eleusine indica grass. Like I mentioned before, you can find and catch this ladybird species on this type of grass. Indeed, I did find M.sexmaculatus, the zig-zag ladybird on it too but just in case you are into C.transversalis, then look for them on goosegrass (E.indica). But, I found that the numbers were not that as many as like the one I collected last time. Not sure, perhaps, the weather or the time, it was 6-7 pm la! (ladybird adults are active in the afternoon). So, let's hope that they do not extinct ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes

Cheeky Ladybirds....