LADYBIRD, LADYBIRD, FLY AWAY HOME....

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A mistake..?

I went to MARDI Entomological Lab to identify this ladybird sps:

At first, I thought this was the red-color variety of Curinus ceoroleus because I found the species along with C.coeloreous in the paddy plot. However, after identifying it under the microscope and comparing with the morphological characters of C.coeloreous, this ladybird was different in terms of the white spot pattern on its pronotum. I also found this ladybird in large number on a big tree (Not sure the name of the tree) around my house and surprisingly, there was also a smaller individual with entirely red in color in the group. I assumed that it was the same species , not sure if it was female or male. I will upload more pictures of this species soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes

Cheeky Ladybirds....